Two scientists walk into a bar:
"I’ll have an H2O."
"I’ll have an H2O, too."
The bartender gives them both water because he is able to distinguish the boundary tones that dictate the grammatical function of homonyms in coda position as well as pragmatic context.
the manuscripts of the masters: 20th century writersjean-louis lebris de kerouac
francis scott key fitzgerald
ernest miller hemingway
john ronald reule tolkien
john ernst steinbeck, jr
So I made a post a while ago about me selling my books, but I now have a more comprehensive list. Here are a few things you should know:
- Paperbacks are £2 each or 3 for £5
- Hardbacks are £4 or 2 for £6
- I will ship internationally, but you will have to pay for the postage
- Payments will be made via Paypal
- If you want to buy a book, I will send you a picture of the book & info about any damage/creases/marks and you can get a price deduction for these, but most of the books are brand new and never read!
- EDIT: Even UK buyers will have to pay for postage so please take this into consideration!
So here are the books (I will hopefully post a picture later)
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
- Forsaken by Jana Oliver
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
- Birthmarked by Caragh O’Brien
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- Partials by Dan Wells
- When God Was A Rabbit by Sarah Winman
- Tales from the Arabian Nights
- The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandana
- Before I Die by Jenny Downham
- Watership Down by Richard Adams
- Little Women and Good Wives by Louisa May Alcott
- Love is a Thief by Claire Garber
- Echo by Alyson Noel
- Fated by Alyson Noel
- Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch
- Whispers Underground by Ben Aaronovitch
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
- The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner
- The Future Of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
- The Radleys by Matt Haig
- The Secret Countess by Eva Ibbotson
- Girl, Missing by by Sophie Mckenzie
- Starters by Lissa Price
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
- His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman
- The Goose GIrl by Shannon Hale
- Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
- Gone by Michael Grant
- Hunger by Michael Grant
- Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
- Skulduggery Pleasant: Playing with Fire by Derek Landy
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young
- Grimm’s Fairy Tales
- Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
- Emily the Strage: The Lost Days (hardback)
- The Declaration by Gemma Malley (hardback)
- I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore (hardback)
- The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell (hardback)
- Bran Hambric by Kaleb Nation (hardback)
- Reckless by Cornelia Funke (hardback & signed)
Please do share this, as most of these books are in brand new condition and I would love for fellow book bloggers to get a good deal :)
July Book Photo Challenge
Day Twenty-Four: Cupcakes
Japanese novel, Japanese dessert!
Arturo is a 29-year-old male polar bear currently living in Argentina’s Mendoza Zoo. He is suffering in 40C (104F) heat in an enclosure that has just 20 inches of water for him to swim in and has as a consequence been displaying worrying behavior.
Please sign this petition or at least spread the word in order to have Arturo transferred to a zoo in Canada which has better facilities for an animal that is used to polar conditions.
THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT ANY SCHOOL HEALTH CLASS WOULD TELL YOU TO DO.
So she’s getting punished for doing the right thing? She should have let her friend drive drunk? Should she have let her friend kill herself in an auto accident?
Reblogged it before and i’ll fucking reblog it again.
glad bhs isnt like this
WAIT I KNOW HER WTF?
THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT
THIS IS HOW YOU GET KIDS KILLED
Whats the school got to do with it though? This happened outside of school hours so why are they getting involved?
cause US schools love to stick their dirty fucking rotten noses in everyone’s personal fucking business
So, I looked at the date: October 2013, and wondered how this story progressed since then. Literally a minute later on google I found the truth about this story.
Not going to share my feelings about it, but, glad I didn’t just reblog the story and dismiss that school as ‘corrupt’ or whatever. Do your research, kiddies.
Thank you for this!
AWWW. THAT’S SO DAMN CUTE.
You’ve just made my day!!
yay for love!
Book Depository Bookmarks by melina souza
The Story Coaster
Drawing for the 7/14 Sunday NY Times Book Review - thanks to editor Pamela Paul!